Friday 27 May 2011

Third

So, developments.

A couple of days ago I received a friendly ultimatum from work: if anyone complains or if it's going to affect my dealings with clients then this has to end. It's quite fair really. It isn't based on anything except a general concern that this might happen as far as I can tell, but it definitely made me a bit wary. I'd hate for this to end through no fault of my own. That would be quite upsetting.

There was a point yesterday; when the ambient temperature in the office was about 24C and I could vaguely smell myself even through freshly laundered clothes; when I did start to get a bit paranoid about it, but I think it should be OK. Today was a cooler and my odour was definitely less obvious. At least I think it was, it's very hard to tell if you're becoming desensitised. Anyway, it's been almost exactly a week now and I seem to be getting away with it. I can't see my smell getting all that much worse.

From now on I think the problem will just be keeping it up, but I actually feel fine about it now. I've got used to the vague stickiness and greasiness that goes along with being unclean and my girlfriend doesn't seem to mind physical contact. She did roll over the other morning and end up with her nose in my armpit which lead to a fairly comic reaction but apart from that it's appears to be fine. No real complaints and only the occasion 'I can smell you from here' from the other side of the living room.

Actually, now that I think about it, she did say she was going to start witholding sex if I don't brush my teeth. There's nothing in the rules about it, so I could but I reckon I she'll forget she said that and she's unlikely to read this to remind her. Probably best to ignore it and see what happens in the spirit of scientific discovery. It's mostly the smell of stale alcohol she was objecting to so as long as I stay fairly sober, or I'm drinking with her, then it should be fine.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment